The time has once again come for our annual flagship event: the Space Dinner! For the fourth time we invite you for a bite, a drink and inspiring presentations by influential speakers. It is the perfect opportunity to talk and network with like-minded people in a relaxed atmosphere!
In light of the recent announcement from ESA’s Director General, the theme of the 4th Space Dinner is the “Moon village”. In short, this village would be a lunar base, 3D printed from local materials and inhabited by astronauts for months at a time. Apart from acting as a research centre, it could also provide a springboard for future missions to Mars.
The following speakers will each provide their own point of view on this ambitious project:
- Dr Marco Ferrazani, ESA Legal Counsel and Head of the Legal Department
- Michel Melotte, radiation expert at Thales Alenia Space Belgium
- Frederik De Wilde, multi- and transdisciplinary artist
Also included in the Space Dinner is a planetarium show and of course a free reception to top it all off.
- 18h45: doors open
- 19h00: presentations
- Dr Marco Ferrazani
- Michel Melotte
- Frederik De Wilde
- 20h00: planetarium show
- 20h30: reception
- 22h30: end
- Date & time: Friday March 11, 2016, 18h45 to 22h30
- Place to be: Planetarium of the Royal Observatory of Belgium, Boechoutlaan 10 Avenue de Bouchout, 1020 Brussels
- Free registration: http://goo.gl/forms/8Na1s8mu2p